You might also like
Image: Planning Minister Charles Abel with UPNG students at 2016 Update
10-11 August 2017
The University of Papua New Guinea, Waigani Campus, Port Moresby
The annual PNG Update is the premier forum for the discussion of research and analysis relating to contemporary economic and public policy issues in PNG. Organised by the University of Papua New Guinea’s School of Business and Public Policy and the Australian National University’s Development Policy Centre, this year’s PNG Update will again be held in Port Moresby from 10-11 August 2017. Following the success of the 2016 Update, speakers will be invited to present in three parallel sessions at venues across the University.
Participation is free and open to the public.
The Update is multi-disciplinary in nature. Under the general theme of “PNG: after the elections” the following broader issues will be discussed:
• Human development challenges and opportunities for reform
• PNG’s economic outlook
• Macro and fiscal management
• Service delivery (in health, education, etc.)
• Strategies for broad-based and inclusive development
• Facilitating broad and cross-sectoral economic development and employment
• Governance and the political economy of development
• Infrastructure improvement and strategies for economic competitiveness