Representatives from 14 Pacific nations are meeting in Brisbane this week to look at ways sport can be used to fight diseases like diabetes and obesity which have become leading causes of death and disability throughout the Pacific.
Pacific regional events
TagsACP Asia-Pacific Australia Bougainville China Cook Islands European Union Federated States of Micronesia Fiji France French Polynesia Guam Hawai'i Indonesia Japan Kiribati Malaysia Marshall Islands Melanesia Nauru New Zealand Niue Northern Mariana Islands Nouvelle Calédonie Pacific Pacific Islands Pacific Islands Forum Palau Papua New Guinea PIF Polynesia Samoa Solomon Islands Tahiti Taiwan The Netherlands The Philippines Timor-Leste Tokelau Tonga Tuvalu US Vanuatu Wallis and Futuna West Papua
- New Tonga Rugby A team coach keen to fix his country's sporting landscape
- New Caledonia and NZ battle for Oceania crown after securing FIFA U17 World Cup places
- World Rugby 7s in Sydney, with Fiji's automatic Olympic berth in some jeopardy
- Search is on to find a new name for Fijiana Super W team
- PNG set for first appearance at World Cross Country Champs since 1998