Brussels, 04 April 2012 – Pacific islands are an alarming case of the adverse effects of climate change where rising sea levels have an impact upon every aspect of citizens’ lives and hamper the economic development. The EU has decided to reinforce its response to these raising challenges and issue a Communication ”Towards a renewed EU–Pacific development partnership” [read more].
Pacific regional events
TagsACP Asia-Pacific Australia Bougainville China Cook Islands European Union Federated States of Micronesia Fiji France French Polynesia Guam Hawai'i Indonesia Japan Kiribati Malaysia Marshall Islands Melanesia Nauru New Zealand Niue Northern Mariana Islands Nouvelle Calédonie Pacific Pacific Islands Pacific Islands Forum Palau Papua New Guinea PIF Polynesia Samoa Solomon Islands Tahiti Taiwan The Netherlands The Philippines Timor-Leste Tokelau Tonga Tuvalu US Vanuatu Wallis and Futuna West Papua
- South Sea Islanders commemorate Australia Day with Melanesian Mini-fest
- US-China wargame targets Guam, but security expert says islanders 'desensitised' to war
- Pacific seasonal workers need clearer communication, says liaison officer
- Vanuatu PM calls to 'rectify' labour mobility program after hundreds of seasonal workers given forged papers
- Papuan journalist Victor Mambor says bomb attack likely a result of his reporting