Brussels, 04 April 2012 – Pacific islands are an alarming case of the adverse effects of climate change where rising sea levels have an impact upon every aspect of citizens’ lives and hamper the economic development. The EU has decided to reinforce its response to these raising challenges and issue a Communication ”Towards a renewed EU–Pacific development partnership” [read more].
Pacific regional events
TagsACP Asia-Pacific Australia Bougainville China Cook Islands European Union Federated States of Micronesia Fiji France French Polynesia Guam Hawai'i Indonesia Japan Kiribati Malaysia Marshall Islands Melanesia Nauru New Zealand Niue Northern Mariana Islands Nouvelle Calédonie Pacific Pacific Islands Pacific Islands Forum Palau Papua New Guinea PIF Polynesia Samoa Solomon Islands Tahiti Taiwan The Netherlands The Philippines Timor-Leste Tokelau Tonga Tuvalu US Vanuatu Wallis and Futuna West Papua
- Chinese delegation to visit Kiribati despite COVID-19 lockdown
- Police, money laundering, and prostitution high on security issues for Solomon Islands ahead of Chinese Foreign Ministry visit
- China's Foreign Minister Wang Yi set to arrive in Solomon Islands
- Multi-million dollar climate finance deal launches in Vanuatu
- Pacific Islanders and environmental groups welcome Australian Labor win