Brussels, 04 April 2012 – Pacific islands are an alarming case of the adverse effects of climate change where rising sea levels have an impact upon every aspect of citizens’ lives and hamper the economic development. The EU has decided to reinforce its response to these raising challenges and issue a Communication ”Towards a renewed EU–Pacific development partnership” [read more].
Pacific regional events
TagsACP Asia-Pacific Australia Bougainville China Cook Islands European Union Federated States of Micronesia Fiji France French Polynesia Guam Hawai'i Indonesia Japan Kiribati Malaysia Marshall Islands Melanesia Nauru New Zealand Niue Northern Mariana Islands Nouvelle Calédonie Pacific Pacific Islands Pacific Islands Forum Palau Papua New Guinea PIF Polynesia Samoa Solomon Islands Tahiti Taiwan The Netherlands The Philippines Timor-Leste Tokelau Tonga Tuvalu US Vanuatu Wallis and Futuna West Papua
- Increase in new HIV infections alarms PNG health experts
- Tongan leader welcomes loss and damage fund, but holds fears for health and education resources
- LISTEN: Protests held in NZ after government dials back use of Māori language
- South Pacific Defence Ministers' Meeting in New Caledonia
- First-of-its-kind deep-sea mining protest hailed a success despite court injunction against activists