A number of Pacific island nations will be represented at the upcoming Rio +20 UNCSD (20-22 June 2012). The names of Pacific representatives attending UNCSD and the sustainability strategies of some Pacific nations have been submitted to the Rio +20 database of submission documents for member states. There is also a separate submission by New Zealand to Rio +20 on behalf of the Pacific Islands Forum that incorporates the Waiheke Declaration on Sustainable Economic Development (an outcome of the 42nd Pacific Islands Forum in September 2011).
Pacific regional events
TagsACP Asia-Pacific Australia Bougainville China Cook Islands European Union Federated States of Micronesia Fiji France French Polynesia Guam Hawai'i Indonesia Japan Kiribati Malaysia Marshall Islands Melanesia Nauru New Zealand Niue Northern Mariana Islands Nouvelle Calédonie Pacific Pacific Islands Pacific Islands Forum Palau Papua New Guinea PIF Polynesia Samoa Solomon Islands Tahiti Taiwan The Netherlands The Philippines Timor-Leste Tokelau Tonga Tuvalu US Vanuatu Wallis and Futuna West Papua
- South Sea Islanders commemorate Australia Day with Melanesian Mini-fest
- US-China wargame targets Guam, but security expert says islanders 'desensitised' to war
- Pacific seasonal workers need clearer communication, says liaison officer
- Vanuatu PM calls to 'rectify' labour mobility program after hundreds of seasonal workers given forged papers
- Papuan journalist Victor Mambor says bomb attack likely a result of his reporting