Seventeen ANU staff and students participating in a Pacific Studies “practical assignment” course convened by Dr Katerina Teaiwa are on their way to Honiara for the 11th Festival of Pacific Arts. The group will spend almost 3 weeks in the Solomon Islands taking in the sights of the festival and working on academic assignments. They will all be conducting interviews with delegates for a book commemorating the 40th anniversary of the festival to be published by the Secretariat of the Pacific Community. The group also took books donated by ANU staff and friends for Avuavu School in Guadalcanal.
Pacific regional events
TagsACP Asia-Pacific Australia Bougainville China Cook Islands European Union Federated States of Micronesia Fiji France French Polynesia Guam Hawai'i Indonesia Japan Kiribati Malaysia Marshall Islands Melanesia Nauru New Zealand Niue Northern Mariana Islands Nouvelle Calédonie Pacific Pacific Islands Pacific Islands Forum Palau Papua New Guinea PIF Polynesia Samoa Solomon Islands Tahiti Taiwan The Netherlands The Philippines Timor-Leste Tokelau Tonga Tuvalu US Vanuatu Wallis and Futuna West Papua
- Plotting a safe & successful path for Pacific players keen to build rugby careers overseas
- NZ Warriors' long delayed return home is going to be "spine tingling" for the players
- Papua New Guinea's "Ace" edging closer to a first AFL appearance with Gold Coast Suns
- Lakapi Samoa CEO urges Rugby Australia to stick with Super Rugby Pacific
- Star-studded teams to headline Pacific Nations Cup in Suva