Ausaid has just made public a short 2004 report by Lynn Pieper in which 11 eminent Papua New Guinean public servants reflect on the deterioration of public administration in their country. Terence Wood’s latest post to Devpolicy.org considers the report and its continuing relevance for PNG and the wider region.
Pacific regional events
TagsACP Asia-Pacific Australia Bougainville China Cook Islands European Union Federated States of Micronesia Fiji France French Polynesia Guam Hawai'i Indonesia Japan Kiribati Malaysia Marshall Islands Melanesia Nauru New Zealand Niue Northern Mariana Islands Nouvelle Calédonie Pacific Pacific Islands Pacific Islands Forum Palau Papua New Guinea PIF Polynesia Samoa Solomon Islands Tahiti Taiwan The Netherlands The Philippines Timor-Leste Tokelau Tonga Tuvalu US Vanuatu Wallis and Futuna West Papua
- Auckland's Pasifika community rally support after floods
- Pacific communities left 'traumatised' following devastating floods in New Zealand
- Kiribati to rejoin Pacific Islands Forum after lengthy rift
- PNG building becomes first in Pacific to receive green accreditation
- Pacific tennis leaders' push for more women in the sport