A new post to the Lowy’s Interpreter blog discusses how “a Pacific ‘digital generation’ is emerging that is increasingly influencing public debates, forming policy ideas, holding institutions accountable and coordinating political protests”. This post introduces the new Lowy research paper, Digital Islands: How the Pacific’s ICT Revolution is Transforming the Region, which outlines how “the Pacific Islands region is in the midst of an information and communication technology (ICT) revolution that could have profound implications for the region’s governance and development…” [read more of this post or a review of “Digital Islands…’ by Tess Newton Cain and a reply by Cave].
Pacific regional events
TagsACP Asia-Pacific Australia Bougainville China Cook Islands European Union Federated States of Micronesia Fiji France French Polynesia Guam Hawai'i Indonesia Japan Kiribati Malaysia Marshall Islands Melanesia Nauru New Zealand Niue Northern Mariana Islands Nouvelle Calédonie Pacific Pacific Islands Pacific Islands Forum Palau Papua New Guinea PIF Polynesia Samoa Solomon Islands Tahiti Taiwan The Netherlands The Philippines Timor-Leste Tokelau Tonga Tuvalu US Vanuatu Wallis and Futuna West Papua
- Long-awaited homecoming delayed for PNG Hunters
- Samoa's weightlifters put Olympic frustrations behind them at the Commonwealth Games
- Making a story in Canada - how keeper's Vanuatu debut was one to remember
- New boys Central Coast FC find the early going tough at the OFC Champions League
- QRL puts PNG Hunters' homecoming on ice over election-related security concerns