The Pacific Institute has just received news from The Pacific Centre for Peacebuilding (PCP) that the deadline has been extended on applications for The Women Leadership in Peacebuilding Program 2013 Academic Scholarship. This scholarship is intended to meet all of the costs associated with the completion of a Graduate Certificate in Peacebuilding at the Center for Justice and Peace Building (CJP) in Eastern Mennonite University (Virginia) in the USA. There is no official application form – applicants are required to submit the following documents to Lita Stolz (email@example.com) at PCP by or before 15 December 2012;
- Two letters of recommendation in support of the applicant
- Official university transcripts (if the applicant has completed tertiary study)
- Current resume or CV of applicant
- Two page essay outlining why the applicant is interested in the program and how she hopes to use the degree
- For those who have not completed any undergraduate studies who wish to apply, a 4 -5 page essay is required which should explain how the applicant’s life experiences have prepared her for graduate-level study.
More information about these scholarships may be found in the original PCP call for applications flyer and in an earlier post to Outrigger.