This new video from UN Women “video focuses on the use of Gender Responsive Budgeting in Timor-Leste, the Philippines and Indonesia as a tool to promote development and women’s rights. Testimonies from government officials and other advocates underline the role they can play promoting development…” [view the video]. See also the abstract for a related paper on Timor-Leste by Monica Costa presented to IPSA-AISP Conference earlier this year.
Pacific regional events
TagsACP Asia-Pacific Australia Bougainville China Cook Islands European Union Federated States of Micronesia Fiji France French Polynesia Guam Hawai'i Indonesia Japan Kiribati Malaysia Marshall Islands Melanesia Nauru New Zealand Niue Northern Mariana Islands Nouvelle Calédonie Pacific Pacific Islands Pacific Islands Forum Palau Papua New Guinea PIF Polynesia Samoa Solomon Islands Tahiti Taiwan The Netherlands The Philippines Timor-Leste Tokelau Tonga Tuvalu US Vanuatu Wallis and Futuna West Papua
- Chinese delegation to visit Kiribati despite COVID-19 lockdown
- Police, money laundering, and prostitution high on security issues for Solomon Islands ahead of Chinese Foreign Ministry visit
- China's Foreign Minister Wang Yi set to arrive in Solomon Islands
- Multi-million dollar climate finance deal launches in Vanuatu
- Pacific Islanders and environmental groups welcome Australian Labor win