Graeme Smith follows up his earlier post to Interpreter (Are Chinese Soft Loans Always a Bad Thing?) with concern about a massive new loan reportedly under negotiation between China’s Exim Bank and PNG’s O’Neill government [read more].
Pacific regional events
TagsACP Asia-Pacific Australia Bougainville China Cook Islands European Union Federated States of Micronesia Fiji France French Polynesia Guam Hawai'i Indonesia Japan Kiribati Malaysia Marshall Islands Melanesia Nauru New Zealand Niue Northern Mariana Islands Nouvelle Calédonie Pacific Pacific Islands Pacific Islands Forum Palau Papua New Guinea PIF Polynesia Samoa Solomon Islands Tahiti Taiwan The Netherlands The Philippines Timor-Leste Tokelau Tonga Tuvalu US Vanuatu Wallis and Futuna West Papua
- Australia's Pasifika children learn about COVID-safety through books and songs
- Pacific fishing observers to return to commercial vessels under increased protection
- Fisheries observers return to high seas, but will they be safe?
- Australia Infrastructure Fund under fire for failing Pacific needs
- Pacific disability advocates raise concerns with Australian MPs