In January last year, Tess Newton Cain posted her predictions for Pacific politics, economics, and regionalism in 2012. Her latest post to Devpolicy.org suggests the big ticket issues in the region in 2013.
Pacific regional events
TagsACP Asia-Pacific Australia Bougainville China Cook Islands European Union Federated States of Micronesia Fiji France French Polynesia Guam Hawai'i Indonesia Japan Kiribati Malaysia Marshall Islands Melanesia Nauru New Zealand Niue Northern Mariana Islands Nouvelle Calédonie Pacific Pacific Islands Pacific Islands Forum Palau Papua New Guinea PIF Polynesia Samoa Solomon Islands Tahiti Taiwan The Netherlands The Philippines Timor-Leste Tokelau Tonga Tuvalu US Vanuatu Wallis and Futuna West Papua
- Fijian politicians take to TikTok to reach 'youth bulge' demographic ahead of national election
- Fiji politicians turn to social media site TikTok in bid to win major youth vote
- West Papuans raise morning star flag marking anniversary of separatist movement
- Vanuatu archaeologists make landmark discovery
- Fisheries observers return to high seas, but will they be safe?