“As Jenny Hayward-Jones described last Friday, the Fiji regime’s promise of a transparent and accountable ‘roadmap’ to parliamentary elections in 2014, following the writing of a new constitution to be approved by a ‘Constituent Assembly’, is now sounding quite hollow…” Read more in this recent post to Lowy’s Interpreter blog, by Professor Wadan Narsey, Adjunct Professor at The Cairns Institute (James Cook University).
Pacific regional events
TagsACP Asia-Pacific Australia Bougainville China Cook Islands European Union Federated States of Micronesia Fiji France French Polynesia Guam Hawai'i Indonesia Japan Kiribati Malaysia Marshall Islands Melanesia Nauru New Zealand Niue Northern Mariana Islands Nouvelle Calédonie Pacific Pacific Islands Pacific Islands Forum Palau Papua New Guinea PIF Polynesia Samoa Solomon Islands Tahiti Taiwan The Netherlands The Philippines Timor-Leste Tokelau Tonga Tuvalu US Vanuatu Wallis and Futuna West Papua
- Australia's Pasifika children learn about COVID-safety through books and songs
- Pacific fishing observers to return to commercial vessels under increased protection
- Fisheries observers return to high seas, but will they be safe?
- Australia Infrastructure Fund under fire for failing Pacific needs
- Pacific disability advocates raise concerns with Australian MPs