“With about 10,000 species living in salted and brackish waters, foraminifera constitute the most diverse group of shelled microorganisms in modern oceans, and substantially contribute to biodiversity. Abundant and sensitive to environmental conditions, they constitute one of the most valuable tools for environmental assessment and monitoring programs…” This publication reviews environmental conditions in the islands of New Caledonia and provides a taxonomic guide to dominant varieties of foraminifera in the region [read more].
Pacific regional events
TagsACP Asia-Pacific Australia Bougainville China Cook Islands European Union Federated States of Micronesia Fiji France French Polynesia Guam Hawai'i Indonesia Japan Kiribati Malaysia Marshall Islands Melanesia Nauru New Zealand Niue Northern Mariana Islands Nouvelle Calédonie Pacific Pacific Islands Pacific Islands Forum Palau Papua New Guinea PIF Polynesia Samoa Solomon Islands Tahiti Taiwan The Netherlands The Philippines Timor-Leste Tokelau Tonga Tuvalu US Vanuatu Wallis and Futuna West Papua
- Long-awaited homecoming delayed for PNG Hunters
- Samoa's weightlifters put Olympic frustrations behind them at the Commonwealth Games
- Making a story in Canada - how keeper's Vanuatu debut was one to remember
- New boys Central Coast FC find the early going tough at the OFC Champions League
- QRL puts PNG Hunters' homecoming on ice over election-related security concerns