“Graphic video footage of police brutality in Fiji which emerged last week is attracting international condemnation. The UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights has condemned the incident and the New Zealand parliament is due to vote this week on a motion to condemn the brutality.” Read more in this latest post to Lowy’s Interpreter.
Pacific regional events
- Rape allegations at Manus Island challenge Australia’s commitment to the rule of law | Devpolicy Blog from the Development Policy Centre on Nauru rule of law case and the implication for the Pacific
- Vanessa Uiari on Enduring ties: half of PNG’s visitors are still Australian
- Tobias Wright on AusAID: International Seminar Support Scheme
TagsACP Asia-Pacific Australia Bougainville China Cook Islands European Union Federated States of Micronesia Fiji France French Polynesia Guam Hawai'i Indonesia Japan Kiribati Malaysia Marshall Islands Melanesia Nauru New Zealand Niue Northern Mariana Islands Nouvelle Calédonie Pacific Pacific Islands Pacific Islands Forum Palau Papua New Guinea PIF Polynesia Samoa Solomon Islands Tahiti Taiwan The Netherlands The Philippines Timor-Leste Tokelau Tonga Tuvalu US Vanuatu Wallis and Futuna West Papua
- ANU PI (505)
- Arts and Culture (4)
- Comment (2)
- Courses (9)
- Events (204)
- Features (16)
- Funds and Jobs (85)
- Land (1)
- News (674)
- (aggregator) (365)
- ACIAR (29)
- AusAID (26)
- Devpolicy (172)
- Europa Pacific (44)
- Smarttraveller (16)
- (aggregator) (365)
- Profiles (61)
- Publications (147)
- Reports (34)
Pacific newsPacific Islands Report
(E-W Centre & Pac. Studies, UH)
Pacific Islands News Assoc.
(University of the South Pacific)
1ere Nouvelle Caledonie
Radio NZ International
The news items listed below are from websites that have RSS feeds dedicated to Pacific issues.
ABC Pacific Beat Podcasts
- Promising start to Ron Massey Cup season for Fiji's Silktails, as the door swings open again for national selection
- FIFA World Cup qualification the priority for Solomons' new Honiara-based national futsal coach
- As Moana Pasifika seek redemption, coach Aaron Mauger says success for the new franchise can't be measured by results alone.
- Mauger confident success will come for Moana Pasifika despite humiliating 59-0 loss last time out.
- Coaching pioneer says her Samoa can be Super W's next cab off the Pacific rank