“One of the major talking points of the recent PNG Budget Forum was the huge increase in devolved funding to provinces, districts and local level governments. Both Finance and Treasury Ministers speaking at the forum seemed cautiously optimistic and nervous in justifying these funding allocations. On paper, it seems like a large increase to subnational levels of government, up from 5% of the budget in 2012 to 15% in 2013. However, … They are effectively allocating much more funding to their own committees in a large expansion of the District Services Improvement Program (DSIP)…” [read more].
Pacific regional events
TagsACP Asia-Pacific Australia Bougainville China Cook Islands European Union Federated States of Micronesia Fiji France French Polynesia Guam Hawai'i Indonesia Japan Kiribati Malaysia Marshall Islands Melanesia Nauru New Zealand Niue Northern Mariana Islands Nouvelle Calédonie Pacific Pacific Islands Pacific Islands Forum Palau Papua New Guinea PIF Polynesia Samoa Solomon Islands Tahiti Taiwan The Netherlands The Philippines Timor-Leste Tokelau Tonga Tuvalu US Vanuatu Wallis and Futuna West Papua
- Plotting a safe & successful path for Pacific players keen to build rugby careers overseas
- NZ Warriors' long delayed return home is going to be "spine tingling" for the players
- Papua New Guinea's "Ace" edging closer to a first AFL appearance with Gold Coast Suns
- Lakapi Samoa CEO urges Rugby Australia to stick with Super Rugby Pacific
- Star-studded teams to headline Pacific Nations Cup in Suva