“In Tahiti, an ecumenical delegation was told about the need for re-inscription of French Polynesia (Maohi Nui) on the United Nations list of countries to be decolonized. The delegates discussed various pressing concerns while meeting with the local church leaders, civil society organizations and President Oscar Manutahi Temaru during their visit to French Polynesia from 26 April to 1 May” [read more in this post to the website of the World Council of Churches].
Pacific regional events
TagsACP Asia-Pacific Australia Bougainville China Cook Islands European Union Federated States of Micronesia Fiji France French Polynesia Guam Hawai'i Indonesia Japan Kiribati Malaysia Marshall Islands Melanesia Nauru New Zealand Niue Northern Mariana Islands Nouvelle Calédonie Pacific Pacific Islands Pacific Islands Forum Palau Papua New Guinea PIF Polynesia Samoa Solomon Islands Tahiti Taiwan The Netherlands The Philippines Timor-Leste Tokelau Tonga Tuvalu US Vanuatu Wallis and Futuna West Papua
- Fijian politicians take to TikTok to reach 'youth bulge' demographic ahead of national election
- Fiji politicians turn to social media site TikTok in bid to win major youth vote
- West Papuans raise morning star flag marking anniversary of separatist movement
- Vanuatu archaeologists make landmark discovery
- Fisheries observers return to high seas, but will they be safe?