“China’s growing engagement in the Pacific Islands has fueled talk of great-power competition in the region. But viewing China’s activities in the region in geo-strategic terms is inappropriate and potentially counter-productive. Australia and the United States should focus on cooperating with…” [read more in this new Report from Jenny Hayward-Jones, Program Director of The Myer Foundation Melanesia Program at the Lowy Institute].
Pacific regional events
TagsACP Asia-Pacific Australia Bougainville China Cook Islands European Union Federated States of Micronesia Fiji France French Polynesia Guam Hawai'i Indonesia Japan Kiribati Malaysia Marshall Islands Melanesia Nauru New Zealand Niue Northern Mariana Islands Nouvelle Calédonie Pacific Pacific Islands Pacific Islands Forum Palau Papua New Guinea PIF Polynesia Samoa Solomon Islands Tahiti Taiwan The Netherlands The Philippines Timor-Leste Tokelau Tonga Tuvalu US Vanuatu Wallis and Futuna West Papua
- Pacific Music Awards back live and celebrating the best of Pasifika music
- Dual Australian-Tongan citizen Sulieni Layt receives rare honour from Tonga's monarch
- SIBC determined to remain editorially independent despite threat of further government restrictions
- JFK's daughter Caroline Kennedy takes centre stage at Guadalcanal memorial
- High level delegations in Solomon Islands for Guadalcanal memorial