“According to Amnesty International Papua New Guinea has some of the world’s highest rates of violence against women. The high level of violence has lead to protests in both PNG and Australia, and now a group of women filmmakers in PNG has been working on a project to share some more positive stories of women in the country.” View this short video broadcast on Newsline (Australia Network News).
Pacific regional events
TagsACP Asia-Pacific Australia Bougainville China Cook Islands European Union Federated States of Micronesia Fiji France French Polynesia Guam Hawai'i Indonesia Japan Kiribati Malaysia Marshall Islands Melanesia Nauru New Zealand Niue Northern Mariana Islands Nouvelle Calédonie Pacific Pacific Islands Pacific Islands Forum Palau Papua New Guinea PIF Polynesia Samoa Solomon Islands Tahiti Taiwan The Netherlands The Philippines Timor-Leste Tokelau Tonga Tuvalu US Vanuatu Wallis and Futuna West Papua
- South Sea Islanders commemorate Australia Day with Melanesian Mini-fest
- US-China wargame targets Guam, but security expert says islanders 'desensitised' to war
- Pacific seasonal workers need clearer communication, says liaison officer
- Vanuatu PM calls to 'rectify' labour mobility program after hundreds of seasonal workers given forged papers
- Papuan journalist Victor Mambor says bomb attack likely a result of his reporting