“According to Amnesty International Papua New Guinea has some of the world’s highest rates of violence against women. The high level of violence has lead to protests in both PNG and Australia, and now a group of women filmmakers in PNG has been working on a project to share some more positive stories of women in the country.” View this short video broadcast on Newsline (Australia Network News).
Pacific regional events
TagsACP Asia-Pacific Australia Bougainville China Cook Islands European Union Federated States of Micronesia Fiji France French Polynesia Guam Hawai'i Indonesia Japan Kiribati Malaysia Marshall Islands Melanesia Nauru New Zealand Niue Northern Mariana Islands Nouvelle Calédonie Pacific Pacific Islands Pacific Islands Forum Palau Papua New Guinea PIF Polynesia Samoa Solomon Islands Tahiti Taiwan The Netherlands The Philippines Timor-Leste Tokelau Tonga Tuvalu US Vanuatu Wallis and Futuna West Papua
- Plotting a safe & successful path for Pacific players keen to build rugby careers overseas
- NZ Warriors' long delayed return home is going to be "spine tingling" for the players
- Papua New Guinea's "Ace" edging closer to a first AFL appearance with Gold Coast Suns
- Lakapi Samoa CEO urges Rugby Australia to stick with Super Rugby Pacific
- Star-studded teams to headline Pacific Nations Cup in Suva