“The Australian Volunteers for International Development (AVID) program offers an incredible opportunity for Australians to live in a developing country, to build cross-cultural knowledge and to share skills. For many, it is a life changing experience… It is also a public relations boon for the aid program… [but it] doesn’t take long moving around in the region and socialising with volunteers to hear stories about assignments that haven’t quite worked out…” [read more].
Pacific regional events
TagsACP Asia-Pacific Australia Bougainville China Cook Islands European Union Federated States of Micronesia Fiji France French Polynesia Guam Hawai'i Indonesia Japan Kiribati Malaysia Marshall Islands Melanesia Nauru New Zealand Niue Northern Mariana Islands Nouvelle Calédonie Pacific Pacific Islands Pacific Islands Forum Palau Papua New Guinea PIF Polynesia Samoa Solomon Islands Tahiti Taiwan The Netherlands The Philippines Timor-Leste Tokelau Tonga Tuvalu US Vanuatu Wallis and Futuna West Papua
- "Our time has come:" Flying Fijians close in on quarterfinal appearance at Rugby World Cup
- 'More land washed away:' One year after historic UN decision
- Vanuatu PM under threat, as opposition mounts leadership challenge
- Tongan dance crew Onion Squad take talents to world stage
- Fruean pushes for countries to sign fossil fuel non-proliferation treaty