“If you go to the DFAT website to look at the sanctions Australia imposes on Fiji because of its military rule, you will conclude that they relate to military assistance and personal travel… You wouldn’t guess from that website, and you won’t find it from any other official one, that another sanction which Australia imposes… together with New Zealand, prevent the Asian Development Bank and the World Bank lending to Fiji…” [read more].
Pacific regional events
TagsACP Asia-Pacific Australia Bougainville China Cook Islands European Union Federated States of Micronesia Fiji France French Polynesia Guam Hawai'i Indonesia Japan Kiribati Malaysia Marshall Islands Melanesia Nauru New Zealand Niue Northern Mariana Islands Nouvelle Calédonie Pacific Pacific Islands Pacific Islands Forum Palau Papua New Guinea PIF Polynesia Samoa Solomon Islands Tahiti Taiwan The Netherlands The Philippines Timor-Leste Tokelau Tonga Tuvalu US Vanuatu Wallis and Futuna West Papua
- Pacific Music Awards back live and celebrating the best of Pasifika music
- Dual Australian-Tongan citizen Sulieni Layt receives rare honour from Tonga's monarch
- SIBC determined to remain editorially independent despite threat of further government restrictions
- JFK's daughter Caroline Kennedy takes centre stage at Guadalcanal memorial
- High level delegations in Solomon Islands for Guadalcanal memorial