“At its 2012 Annual Report Meeting held in Port Moresby today, the PNG Sustainable Development Program (SDP) announced its willingness to negotiate an exit from OTML, the company which runs the Ok Tedi mine… [The] PNG Prime Minister has made clear his determination to remove SDP from Ok Tedi, and now the trust-fund, established at the time of BHP’s departure from Ok Tedi in 2001, has acquiesced…” [read more].
Pacific regional events
TagsACP Asia-Pacific Australia Bougainville China Cook Islands European Union Federated States of Micronesia Fiji France French Polynesia Guam Hawai'i Indonesia Japan Kiribati Malaysia Marshall Islands Melanesia Nauru New Zealand Niue Northern Mariana Islands Nouvelle Calédonie Pacific Pacific Islands Pacific Islands Forum Palau Papua New Guinea PIF Polynesia Samoa Solomon Islands Tahiti Taiwan The Netherlands The Philippines Timor-Leste Tokelau Tonga Tuvalu US Vanuatu Wallis and Futuna West Papua
- Long-awaited homecoming delayed for PNG Hunters
- Samoa's weightlifters put Olympic frustrations behind them at the Commonwealth Games
- Making a story in Canada - how keeper's Vanuatu debut was one to remember
- New boys Central Coast FC find the early going tough at the OFC Champions League
- QRL puts PNG Hunters' homecoming on ice over election-related security concerns