The Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Administrator to join their Corporate Services team in Suva, Fiji on a full time basis.
Reporting to the IT Team Leader, the candidate will be responsible for providing an efficient, secure, stable, scalable and robust IT infrastructure for the Secretariat. More specifically, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Planning, maintenance, monitoring, configuration and improvement of the IT systems and services
- Administration of all Server, Network and Security Device Admin user accounts and shares
- Re-looking at processes within the department and providing necessary recommendation on adjustments to improve the process
- Making recommendations for the automation and/or improving of processes within the organisation
- Coordinating and managing all system security and infrastructure related projects
- Assisting with the implementation of IT related projects
- Coordinating with relevant stakeholders regarding proposed changes to the systems and its infrastructure
- Ensuring that all system documentation is current
- Maintaining a clear record of users, disk space utilisation, IP address, and other requested information
To be successful, candidates should have a tertiary degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering or Information Systems as well as extensive professional experience in a similar role. Working knowledge of BCP, DRP, Microsoft applications and Open Source Operating Systems such as Linux or FreeBSD would be of advantage to candidates. Extensive knowledge and experience ensure that candidates are able to map organisation and user requirements to technical solutions.
We are looking for a committed team player that is a technically astute IT professional. This person approaches their daily work from a strategic, customer focused perspective and has excellent communication and relationship building skills. They will also be a quick learner with the ability to assess a situation and be confident of making the required decision when the need arises.
About the Benefits
The appointment will carry a competitive remuneration and benefits package including medical and life insurance. The salary will be in the range of SDR 21,946 to SDR 32,918 per annum. At the 1 June 2013 exchange rate this salary range was equivalent to FJD61,216 to FJD91,821. For non-Fijian nationals, this salary may be tax-free. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply here and download an information package containing the job description and remuneration details is also available. To be eligible for this position, the applicant must be a national of a Forum member country.*
The Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages both men and women to apply.The closing date for applicants is 5pm Fiji time, 19 July 2013.
*Member States of the Pacific Islands Forum: Australia, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu.