“…Over the last few months, there has been an encouraging response by prominent health actors in the region in developing a new model of health governance. With the current phase of funding for regional non-communicable disease programs from AusAID and NZAID coming to an end, and the completion of current HIV funding from AusAID, the Global Fund and others, the present moment offers a potential turning point in the way that bilateral and multilateral partners engage with Pacific governments in the health sector…” [read more].
Pacific regional events
TagsACP Asia-Pacific Australia Bougainville China Cook Islands European Union Federated States of Micronesia Fiji France French Polynesia Guam Hawai'i Indonesia Japan Kiribati Malaysia Marshall Islands Melanesia Nauru New Zealand Niue Northern Mariana Islands Nouvelle Calédonie Pacific Pacific Islands Pacific Islands Forum Palau Papua New Guinea PIF Polynesia Samoa Solomon Islands Tahiti Taiwan The Netherlands The Philippines Timor-Leste Tokelau Tonga Tuvalu US Vanuatu Wallis and Futuna West Papua
- Increase in new HIV infections alarms PNG health experts
- Tongan leader welcomes loss and damage fund, but holds fears for health and education resources
- LISTEN: Protests held in NZ after government dials back use of Māori language
- South Pacific Defence Ministers' Meeting in New Caledonia
- First-of-its-kind deep-sea mining protest hailed a success despite court injunction against activists