The World Bank has initiated a new project “to support Samoa in recovering from the immediate impacts of cyclone Evan [Dec 2012]… and to help Samoa build resilience against such shocks in the future.” Read more about the Samoa Development Policy Operation on the World Bank’s project webpage.
Pacific regional events
TagsACP Asia-Pacific Australia Bougainville China Cook Islands European Union Federated States of Micronesia Fiji France French Polynesia Guam Hawai'i Indonesia Japan Kiribati Malaysia Marshall Islands Melanesia Nauru New Zealand Niue Northern Mariana Islands Nouvelle Calédonie Pacific Pacific Islands Pacific Islands Forum Palau Papua New Guinea PIF Polynesia Samoa Solomon Islands Tahiti Taiwan The Netherlands The Philippines Timor-Leste Tokelau Tonga Tuvalu US Vanuatu Wallis and Futuna West Papua
- Auckland's Pasifika community rally support after floods
- Pacific communities left 'traumatised' following devastating floods in New Zealand
- Kiribati to rejoin Pacific Islands Forum after lengthy rift
- PNG building becomes first in Pacific to receive green accreditation
- Pacific tennis leaders' push for more women in the sport