Pacific Studies Co-Convener at The Australian National University and President of the Australian Association for Pacific Studies Dr. Katerina Teaiwa talks with Rosemary Pennington about her current work as a fellow with Indiana University’s Framing the Global initiative and how her project Indigenous Peoples and the Global Remix draws on interdisciplinary aspects of Pacific Studies to reframe, and re-imagine a distinction between the local, regional and the global. Read the full interview here.
Pacific regional events
TagsACP Asia-Pacific Australia Bougainville China Cook Islands European Union Federated States of Micronesia Fiji France French Polynesia Guam Hawai'i Indonesia Japan Kiribati Malaysia Marshall Islands Melanesia Nauru New Zealand Niue Northern Mariana Islands Nouvelle Calédonie Pacific Pacific Islands Pacific Islands Forum Palau Papua New Guinea PIF Polynesia Samoa Solomon Islands Tahiti Taiwan The Netherlands The Philippines Timor-Leste Tokelau Tonga Tuvalu US Vanuatu Wallis and Futuna West Papua
- Pacific Music Awards back live and celebrating the best of Pasifika music
- Dual Australian-Tongan citizen Sulieni Layt receives rare honour from Tonga's monarch
- SIBC determined to remain editorially independent despite threat of further government restrictions
- JFK's daughter Caroline Kennedy takes centre stage at Guadalcanal memorial
- High level delegations in Solomon Islands for Guadalcanal memorial