Pacific regional events
- Rape allegations at Manus Island challenge Australia’s commitment to the rule of law | Devpolicy Blog from the Development Policy Centre on Nauru rule of law case and the implication for the Pacific
- Vanessa Uiari on Enduring ties: half of PNG’s visitors are still Australian
- Tobias Wright on AusAID: International Seminar Support Scheme
TagsACP Asia-Pacific Australia Bougainville China Cook Islands European Union Federated States of Micronesia Fiji France French Polynesia Guam Hawai'i Indonesia Japan Kiribati Malaysia Marshall Islands Melanesia Nauru New Zealand Niue Northern Mariana Islands Nouvelle Calédonie Pacific Pacific Islands Pacific Islands Forum Palau Papua New Guinea PIF Polynesia Samoa Solomon Islands Tahiti Taiwan The Netherlands The Philippines Timor-Leste Tokelau Tonga Tuvalu US Vanuatu Wallis and Futuna West Papua
- ANU PI (505)
- Arts and Culture (4)
- Comment (2)
- Courses (9)
- Events (204)
- Features (16)
- Funds and Jobs (85)
- Land (1)
- News (674)
- (aggregator) (365)
- ACIAR (29)
- AusAID (26)
- Devpolicy (172)
- Europa Pacific (44)
- Smarttraveller (16)
- (aggregator) (365)
- Profiles (61)
- Publications (147)
- Reports (34)
Pacific newsPacific Islands Report
(E-W Centre & Pac. Studies, UH)
Pacific Islands News Assoc.
(University of the South Pacific)
1ere Nouvelle Caledonie
Radio NZ International
The news items listed below are from websites that have RSS feeds dedicated to Pacific issues.
ABC Pacific Beat Podcasts
- Promising start to Ron Massey Cup season for Fiji's Silktails, as the door swings open again for national selection
- FIFA World Cup qualification the priority for Solomons' new Honiara-based national futsal coach
- As Moana Pasifika seek redemption, coach Aaron Mauger says success for the new franchise can't be measured by results alone.
- Mauger confident success will come for Moana Pasifika despite humiliating 59-0 loss last time out.
- Coaching pioneer says her Samoa can be Super W's next cab off the Pacific rank
Tag Archives: UK
Courage is Contagious: Jennifer Robinson at TEDx Sydney 2013
See ANU Alumna Jen Robinson surprise the audience at the Sydney Opera House on 4 May with her talk at TEDx Sydney 2013 [see the follow-up TEDx video interview].
Last Post for Peter Worsley (1924-2013)
by Assoc. Prof. Colin Filer, RMAP. Sad to report that Peter Worsley died last week. I cannot imagine that he ever attended an Association for Social Anthropology in Oceania (ASAO) meeting, but that is not surprising because he was forced … Continue reading
Congratulations, Dr Kylie McKenna!
By Prof. John Braithwaite, RegNet, School of Regulation, Justice and Diplomacy. Kylie McKenna was awarded her PhD in October 2012 for a sweeping work entitled “Interdependent Engagement: Corporate Social Responsibility in Bougainville and Papua”. Her PhD was the result of … Continue reading
Posted in ANU PI, Profiles Tagged Australia, Bougainville, Papua New Guinea, UK, US, West Papua Comments Off on Congratulations, Dr Kylie McKenna!
The Diplomacy Of Decolonisation
In his latest post to NewMatilda.com, Nic Maclellan argues that Australia may have to address renewed demands for decolonisation from the region when it assumes its seat on the United Nations Security Council in 2013. [Read Maclellan’s follow-up post to New Matilda, Siding … Continue reading
Posted in News Tagged American Samoa, Australia, Bougainville, French Polynesia, Guam, New Zealand, Nouvelle Calédonie, Pitcairn Islands, Tokelau, UK, US, Wallis and Futuna, West Papua Comments Off on The Diplomacy Of Decolonisation